The Family Care Pack
Helping families address concerns of senior falls, wandering and loneliness in a new collaborative way.
It provides welcomed support to families of seniors whose wellbeing can be monitored in their homes around the clock, enabling unique family collaboration to enhance everyone’s peace of mind.
Optimized for families to help keep track of a senior and loved ones living alone or with a spouse or caregiver, the service can connect up to 10 people to share insights about a senior’s day-to-day wellness, and collaborate with a Trusted Circle™ of family and friends.
Peace of Mind, 24/7
Easily keep track of loved ones who may live alone, near or far away for enhanced peace of mind.
Live at Home Longer
Seniors can live at home longer delaying a costly move to an independent or assisted facility.
Share good times and bad news with the Trusted Circle of family and friends.
Easy to Use
Control the system and collaborate naturally through simple text messaging – no app required for participants.
Get Help Fast
If help is needed, the Trusted Circle and emergency services are notified quickly.
The System Expands
Easily expandable with popular devices – voice control, smart plugs, water leak sensors, and more.
Family Key Features
For Homes with One Senior:
Fall and Inactivity Detection:
Learn daily activity patterns and distribute alerts if those patterns have broken unexpectedly, perhaps due to a fall.
Track sleeping patterns, up-at-night frequency, and know if a loved one got out of bed in the morning. With an additional Motion Sensor in the bedroom, text alerts are distributed if the occupant did not make it to the bedroom at night.
Failure to Return:
Know if an occupant did not return home by an expected time.
For Homes with Multiple Occupants:
Live-in spouse or caregivers can receive alerts if a door opens and a person with dementia or Alzheimer’s might be wandering away from home.
Monitor when medications have been accessed with and Entry Sensor attached to a medicine cabinet.
Refrigerated Medicine Monitoring:
With a Temperature/Humidity Sensor, alerts will be distributed if conditions are outside the recommended range for the medication.
Water Leak Detection:
Detect water leaks in the home caused accidentally or by persons with dementia before costly water damage can occur.
For All Homes:
Coordinated Call Reminders:
Family members of all ages can receive reminders to reach out
to their loved ones.
Check for issues related to dehydration, diabetes, sickness or falls with a Motion Sensor positioned in a bathroom.
Late Night Activity:
Know if there is movement around the home at night well after bedtime.
Know What’s Happened:
Check in at any time to see what’s happened in the home.
People Power Family requires (1) Continuous AI Services and Trusted Circle Monitoring, or (2) Continuous AI Services and Professional Monitoring. There are no contracts, and you can cancel or switch monitoring plans at any time. Special volume plans and pricing are available for home care agencies.
Continuous AI Services
People Power Family features artificial intelligence (AI) services that continuously monitor the safety of the home and the people inside. With Family AI Services, it feels like someone is truly helping watch over loved ones and coordinating family members.
Trusted Circle Monitoring
Trusted Circle Monitoring is a comprehensive service that communicates using text message alerts and reminders to the Trusted Circle of family, friends and professional caregivers. Trusted Circle Monitoring is a good choice for families who want to care for loved ones directly.
Professional Monitoring is a premium service that adds People Power's UL-listed and 5-diamond certified Emergency Call Center to the Trusted Circle for greater peace-of-mind. The Emergency Call Center is available 27/7 and, when invoked, will call specific people defined in the call tree. The Emergency Call Center can even dispatch emergency services and perform wellness checks on site when a problem persists, ensuring loved ones always get the care they need.
How it Works:
1. A senior living alone has experienced a fall and is no longer moving.
2. After a period of time, Family AI detects an abnormal lack of movement when historical patterns indicate movement should have been expected.
3. A text alert is first distributed to the senior who is given the opportunity to respond, should they have a smartphone. If there is no response, the senior’s Trusted Circle™ is texted after a few minutes.
4. The Trusted Circle is then given several minutes to collaborate through text messaging with the goal of establishing a plan of action to address the situation before alerting the Emergency Call Center.
5. If there is no text message response from any member of the Trusted Circle to explicitly cancel the escalation of the issue, the Emergency Call Center will be notified automatically to phone the predetermined Trusted Circle call list in an attempt to get their attention.
6. If a Trusted Circle member is successfully contacted, the Emergency Call Center will collaborate with them to determine if a first-responder wellness check should be deployed, or if a Trusted Circle member should check on the senior.
7. If a Trusted Circle member is not reached, the Emergency Call Center will facilitate a wellness check to the senior’s home.
8. Following the request for an emergency response or wellness check, the Trusted Circle can be notified through text messaging by the Emergency Call Center with a summary of the dispatch, along with a recap of the event viewable within the Family app under ‘History’.
With an Entry Sensor positioned on doors that lead outside, alerts are distributed if a door opens and a person with dementia or Alzheimer’s might be wandering away.
With an Entry Sensor positioned on a medicine cabinet, monitor when medications have been accessed.
Refrigerated Medicine Monitoring
With a Temperature/Humidity Sensor positioned in a refrigerator, temperature can be monitored to keep medication in a user-selected range.
Water Leak Detection
With a Water Leak Sensor positioned near any sink or tub, detect water leaks in the home before costly water damage can occur.
Home Temperature Monitoring
With a Temperature/Humidity Sensor positioned in the living area of a home, occupant comfort can be monitored for temperature and humidity conditions.
Home Lighting Control
With a Smart Plug connected to lamps and lighting fixtures in the home, occupant safety and comfort can be enhanced by establishing an automatic lighting schedule.
With an additional Motion Sensor positioned in a bathroom, check for issues related to dehydration, diabetes, sickness or falls.
Late Night Activity Monitoring
With an additional Motion Sensor positioned in a bedroom, know if there is movement around the home at night well after bedtime.
Fall and Inactivity Detection
With an additional Motion Sensor positioned in a frequently used room, learn daily activity patterns and distribute alerts if those patterns have broken unexpectedly, perhaps due to a fall.
With an additional Motion Sensor positioned in the bedroom, track sleeping patterns, up-at-night frequency, and know if a loved one did not make it to the bedroom at night, or did not get out of bed in the morning.
Cool and Dry Medicine Monitoring
With a Temperature/Humidity Sensor positioned in a drawer or cabinet, medicine can be monitored to help keep them in a 'cool and dry' environment as required by pharmaceutical makers.